Earth Day 2017
The Geauga-Trumbull Solid Waste Management District invites student photographers in middle school (Grades 6-8) to submit an original photograph for our “Take a look at our Beautiful Earth” environmental photo contest. Five winners will be chosen and will receive a $50.00 cash prize and an environmental T- shirt and tote bag.
Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, photo composition, and how well your photo captures Earth Day.
How to Enter:
- Must be a jpeg file and not to exceed 5MB.
- Subject line should read: Student Photo Contest
Please include in the body of the email:
- Your name, age, grade.
- Your parents or guardians email address and phone number.
- The name of your school and county where it is located.
- Where and when the photo was taken.
- A paragraph on how your photo captures the beauty of nature in our area and how it encourages others to care about our earth’s environment through conservation and stewardship. Whatever you photograph: wildlife, wildflowers, waterscape or a landscape it should create a greater interest in the outdoors.
- Deadline: April 22, 2017 by 4:30 p.m.
Rules and Eligibility:
Only electronic photos may be submitted. Limit one entry per person. Contest is open to Geauga County and Trumbull County students in grades 6-8 only. The Geauga-Trumbull Solid Waste Management District (GTSWMD) is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, or entries not received for any reason. The entries become sole property of the SWMD and none will be acknowledged or returned. By entering you are acknowledging that the photo is original, has not been published in any medium, and has not won an award.
Email holly@startrecycling or telephone 330-675-2673 ext. 102 for more information.